When do the early signs of pregnancy start?
Do you remember when you had your past periods? This date is considered week 1 of pregnancy – yes, even if you were not pregnant at this date. Then week 2 of pregnancy is the next week from your period and so on. So do women get the symptoms of pregnancy in first week?
Even before you miss your periods, you may sometimes get some early signs of pregnancy. For some women, early symptoms of pregnancy start to show up in the first few weeks after conception. However, other women may just experience no pregnancy symptoms at all. It’s only when they take a pregnancy test at home that they come to know about their pregnancy.
Many early signs of pregnancy can sometimes feel similar to premenstrual symptoms too. So the best way to find out about your pregnancy is to take a pregnancy test at home. However, if you are willing to wait for a missed period (the earliest sign of pregnancy) to take the test, the following list is for you. These are also the symptoms of pregnancy in first month.
These are some of the early signs of pregnancy (pregnancy symptoms week 1) before a missed period:
- Painful breasts: this could be a sign that you’re pregnant, but it could also just be because you’re going through puberty.
- Feeling low on energy
- Sensitivity to smell
- Rise in your basal metabolic temperature (normal body temperature)
- Tiredness: this could be a sign that you’re pregnant – though obviously there could be other causes!
- Nausea: if you’ve been feeling sick for a few days, especially in the morning, it’s a good idea to do a pregnancy test.
- Your period doesn’t start.
- You only have a very small amount of bleeding. Sometimes you can have a little bleeding when you’re pregnant.
- Feeling lightheaded or dizzy – as if you are fainting
- Mood sings
- Aversion to some foods
- Frequent urination
How soon can you get early signs of pregnancy?
Before you miss your periods, you may notice some symptoms like sensitivity to smell and tender breasts. These symptoms may appear in some women as soon as a few days after conception.
However, many women may get other early symptoms of pregnancy like spotting or nausea almost one week after the sperm meets egg. After two weeks of conceiving many women may also have pregnancy symptoms like tender breasts and frequent urination. That said, early pregnancy symptoms appear at various times in different women. So these early signs of pregnancy are no way of detecting a pregnancy.