Five tips to make your friendship turn into a relationship:
- Take the initiative: Make the first move. This can be something as simple as asking the other person out on a date or making plans to spend time together. Taking the initiative will show the other person that you're serious about wanting to turn your friendship into a romantic relationship. It will give them the opportunity to do the same. All Aman has to do is ask Pinky for a movie or some lunch/chai date!
- Communicate your feelings: It can be nerve-wracking to express your feelings, but it's important, to be honest, and upfront about what you want. You might say something like, ‘I've been thinking about us and I've realized that I have feelings for you. I would like to take our friendship to the next level and see if we can turn it into a romantic relationship.’
- Spend more time together: Spending more time together can help build a stronger connection and deepen your feelings for each other. Make plans to do things you both enjoy, whether going out for a meal, seeing a movie or taking a walk in the park. As you spend more time together, you'll have more opportunities to get to know each other on a deeper level and see if there's potential for a romantic relationship.
- Show your interest: Once you've communicated your feelings and started spending more time together, it's important to show your interest in the other person. This can be done through small gestures such as holding hands, giving compliments, or giving small gifts. Showing interest will help the other person understand that you're serious about taking your friendship to the next level.
- Be practical: Turning a friendship into a romantic relationship can take time, so patience is important. Not everyone will feel the same way about you, and it's important to respect the other person's feelings and give them space if they're not ready for a romantic relationship. If the other person is not interested in a romantic relationship, it's important to accept it and move on.
Remember that it’s important to respect the other person’s feelings and if they don’t feel the same way, it’s important to accept it and move on. It’s all about taking small steps and seeing where things go, and always being respectful of the other person’s feelings and boundaries.
To protect the identity, the person in the picture is a model and names have been changed.
Have a story? Share with Love Matters (LM) on our Facebook page. If you have a specific question ask us in the comments. We are also on Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
Add new comment