There are many signs that someone may be interested in you romantically. These signs can be subtle or obvious, and they can be different for each person. Let’s get started and check out those signs:
- They make an effort to spend time with you: If someone is interested in you, they will likely make an effort to spend time with you. This could be through finding excuses to be around you, visiting you without any reason, or trying to find some time to be near you and call or message you frequently! If you see a person coming to your house without any particular reason - daal main kuch kala hai!
- They pay attention to you: Someone who is interested in you will pay attention to you when you talk. They will listen to what you have to say and remember details about your life. They may also ask you questions about yourself and show genuine interest in your interests and hobbies. If you like having adrak wali chai, they sure will find out the best tapri in town that serves one!
- They make physical contact with you: Physical touch can be a sign that someone is interested in you. They may touch your arm or shoulder when they talk to you, or they may give you a hug when they see you. Need we say more?
- They make an effort to look good around you: They may make an effort to look their best when they know they will be seeing you. They may dress nicely, wear makeup or perfume, or ensure they look clean and well-groomed. So if you see a guy nicely dressed, bathed and smelling good near you - get that hint!
- They flirt with you: Flirting is a common sign that someone is interested in you. They may make jokes, tease you, or make playful comments. They may also give you compliments, or playfully touch you. So if that special someone is teasing you by calling you kanjoos, lambu, moti etc, it could be because they want your reaction!
- They give you compliments: Compliments are a sign that someone is interested in you. They may compliment your appearance, your intelligence, or your personality. They may also give you small gifts like flowers, get your favourite chocolate or do things for you to make you happy.
- They act differently around you: They may act differently around you than they do around others. They may be more nervous, more talkative, or more giggly. They may also be more protective of you or more willing to help you.
- They get jealous: A little jealousy is a sign that someone is interested in you. They may get jealous when you talk to others or spend time with someone else. They may also get jealous when you talk about other people you are interested in.
- They make an effort to stay in touch with you: If someone is interested in you, they will likely make an effort to stay in touch with you, even when you're not together. They may text or call you, or message you on social media. They may also make plans to see you in the future.
It's important to note that not everyone will show all of these or any of these signs, and then it is just more difficult to guess what they want. It is better to then have a conversation to understand their feelings.
It’s also important to remember that just because someone is showing these signs, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are interested in you romantically. Having said that, if someone is consistently showing multiple signs, it's likely that they are interested in you. If you're unsure, you can always ask them directly, but be prepared for any answer. Even a no!
To protect the identity, the person in the picture is a model and names have been changed.
Have a story? Share with Love Matters (LM) on our Facebook page. If you have a specific question ask us in the comments. We are also on Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
Add new comment