After the stress of the wedding, it's quite likely that the prospect of wedding night sex – especially if it's your first time – is likely to cause you some anxiety and nervousness. Read on to find out how to cope with the pressure.
- Feel confident There's nothing sexier than confidence. So do whatever you can to make yourself feel as confident, desirable and beautiful as you can. Buy yourself some pretty lingerie, do some extra bridal beauty pampering. You can also set the mood by playing some romantic music. If you feel beautiful and sexy, your spouse is more than likely to agree!
- Talk to each other For first time lovers, it's vital to communicate and share what you’re feeling with each other during sex. It may feel more natural, but it's important to tell your partner how you feel about what they're doing. If you like it, then you could say, "That feels good," or moan a little bit when you like what they're doing.Also, observe your partner's reaction to what you’re doing, and try and do it differently if they seem to be very still and quiet. Sex is supposed to be pleasurable for the both of you.
- Take things slowly All the hype and sly jokes surrounding wedding night sex may make you keen to see what it’s all about and hurry. Instead relax and take it slow. Savour and enjoy every moment. Even if it may not be the best sex ever or meet your expectations, the wedding night is still likely to be amongst your most romantic experiences with your spouse.
- Expect too much Savour and enjoy every moment. Even if it may not be the best sex ever or meet your expectations, the wedding night is still likely to be amongst your most romantic experiences with your spouse. Whatever happens, it's far more important that you enjoy yourself and feel connected to your partner.
- Be stuck on the idea of the wedding night Between the endless round of relatives you've had to meet, the rituals you've had to go through, the parties you've had to attend and maybe all the alcohol you've had to drink, it is more than understandable if you’re both too tired for lengthy foreplay. If so, it might be better to wait for morning. You'll be more rested, fresher and still in your wedding bed. It’s a shame to waste your special occasion because you have the idea you have to ‘get the job done’ before bedtime!
- Let the first time impact you too much Sex takes practice and if it's your first time ever, you're likely to feel a bit clumsy. Take things slowly and keep communicating with your partner. Don't focus just on the physical feelings instead be gentle with each other and remind yourself how lucky you are to finally be married and in each other's arms.
Have you got a tip to add to the list? Leave a comment here or on Facebook.